Welcome to the Kakuro Blend Press page. If you need any additional information posted to this page or would like anything provided in a different format, let me know and I’ll try and make it available.
- Developer: Ryan Clarke
- Release Date: March 15th, 2021
- Platforms: PC
- Availability: Digital Download on Steam or Itch.io
- Price: $3.99
- Languages: English
- Press Contact: email@example.com
- Website: https://kakuroblend.wordpress.com/
Kakuro Blend is exactly like the Japanese puzzle, Kakuro, but with colors instead of numbers. Each puzzle contains a grid with initially empty squares and colorful triangles. The goal is to fill the squares to the right or below the triangles, so they mix to create the color within their respective triangles.
These puzzles are designed to be difficult, with some mixed colors looking exactly alike but having different answers. Kakuro Blend includes 40 increasingly challenging levels, from 6×6 to 15×10, and 8 different color palettes that change up the game slightly so the player doesn’t get used to the same mixtures.
Kakuro Blend is simple, colorful, and challenging. If you enjoy tough puzzles, this game will satisfy you for hours.
- Contains 40 increasingly challenging puzzles of different sizes and color palettes, making sure no one has an easy time completing the whole game.
- Simple controls, can be played entirely with a mouse. Also has keyboard shortcuts for most controls/buttons for faster gameplay.
- Easy-to-use and easy-to-understand interface making it extremely simple to move around between levels and menus.
- Each puzzle has a unique solution, so the player won’t have to work through multiple possible solutions.
- The levels are very difficult, so four helpful features were added so no players would ever get stuck: an error button, a hint button, a pencil mode, and the Color Lab.
- Error Button: tells the player how many errors are on the grid.
- Hint Button: erases all the errors on the grid. Each level gets three hints.
- Pencil Mode: allows the player to enter possible solutions into the grid without committing to those choices.
- Color Lab: allows the player to mix any and all available colors to see the resulting mixture and compare it to the grid. On top of that, the player can right click anywhere in the game to select a color, that will appear next to the mixture in the Color Lab.
Feel free to download the Demo and play 3 of the 40 available levels. The link will take you to a Google Drive folder where you can download the zip file. You must unip it and run the KakuroBlendDemo.exe.
Hi, I’m Ryan Clarke. I started exploring game development in 2018 making simple stuff like Pong. Recently, I have gotten more into the game dev world and deployed two simple card games for iOS and Android (Irish Poker and Palace Deluxe). I really enjoy programming and designing games that others can enjoy as much as me. That is why I am super proud of Kakuro Blend because I believe it has a lot of potentila for a ton of people to enjoy.
Kakuro Blend Credits
Ryan Clarke – Developer, Producer
Antall Nguyen – Music/Sound Designer, Composer
Ryan Clarke allows for the contents of Kakuro Blend to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Kakuro Blend is legally and explicitly allowed by Ryan Clarke. This permission can be found in writing at https://kakuroblend.wordpress.com/kakuro-blend-press-kit/.